Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meijer Gardens on a Wintry Day

Although I am back in the habit of carrying my camera with me when I leave the house, I still need to take more pictures of our eventful days. These pictures are all in a 5 minute span when I had free hands. We went with Brett, Rachel, Kaylin, and Ethan to see the Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World exhibit at Frederick Meijer Gardens. I would have loved to have spent a leisurely morning meandering among the trees and reading about the cultural backgrounds of each. But of course that was not to be since we had two toddlers and two infants on our hands. We still had a fun time with our friends. The trees were exquisite. Charli and Kaylin especially enjoyed the extensive miniature working train and trolley tracks that wound through the indoor garden rooms. After our visit to the gardens, we re-energized with lunch at Friday's. Charlotte still looks for Jo-Jo :)


My favorite tree - Austria. Or maybe Brazil; the feathers were pretty on that one. So hard to choose!
Our boys and their girls.

"He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like the down of a thistle..."

No comments:

Post a Comment