Thursday, February 11, 2010

Me, the Swinger

Generally, I'm "emotional" only in that I feel strongly and deeply about certain things, but not in the sense of wildly swinging feelings from week to week. Like how I felt a week ago compared to now. It was my first week back from the 7 weeks I spent with family in Michigan and here's what I had to say...

"I can't lie. It's been a tough week, but I was totally expecting that. We returned to Kentucky this week and I'm adjusting (slowly) to being the sole caregiver/entertainer of the little girls during the day again. That's not really the hard part for me though; it's not having a schedule of any kind. It was easy to get into a routine of basketball games, mall-ing with friends, and a handful of playdates each week. So this week, in Kentucky, we've gotten creative with our extra hours.

I weeded through all of our toys and made a pile of the ones we've out-grown and researched a children's ministry where I'll be dropping them off next week.

All of the girls clothes are now unpacked and sorted into "keep" and "give" categories and by seasons in the dressers/closets.

4 Valentines were made for our families in Michigan. (Dreading the post office trip though; it's a small-town friendly place down here but it takes FOREVER to get through the line.)

We've been eating Paleo dinners this week, so cooking by those rules has been an experience in itself.

The living room has been re-arranged for no good reason. Unless you count an effective time-killer when the weather outside is lousy as a good reason.

Due to our new Paleo lifestyle, we had extra bread on hand. So the girls and I have trekked out several times to the "Duck Path" where the Mallards are always glad to see us coming with a gluten treat.

Ceiling-to-carpet cleaning: check.

And of course there's always laundry, Legos, and library books when I can't find more productive things to do. I am realizing I need to make a conscious effort to..."

And that's where my journaling trailed off as I drew a blank on where my efforts should lead. Or whether I had the mental energy to jumpstart an effort in the first place. During that time I was told that I was "like the least likely person to ever get depressed." Huh, weird. I thought, If this isn't depressed I don't want to know what is.

That was then. I am now glad to report I am coming out of the most recent week a content wife and mom and woman. The days are once again flowing naturally from one to the next and household strife has been minimal. Actually it's been the best week I've had in almost a year. I love my husband more than ever and our little ladies are thriving. This townhouse feels like home. I finally have my own car again. But the biggest change was the improvement in my own head; my mood swung low and leveled out in a high, happy place. (No, I'm not on drugs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment